Personal Bio

My name is Jayne, or Mrs. Struch, and my pronouns are she, her, hers. I am a mother in a wonderful family of 6.  I have two beautiful children,  a supportive Husband and two handsome fur babies. I was born in Penticton B.C. Canada and moved to Vancouver Island when I outgrew my small home town.

After I moved, and although it feels like forever ago, I travelled to 6 continents, 19 countries and 10 provinces. I lived out of Canada in Australia, New Zealand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and in England for over 3 years of my life. When I returned, I sold everything I owned, bought a camper van and drove across Canada. My travels inspired me to become the teacher I am today, as well as provided me with invaluable perspectives and diverse experiences which continue to fuel my teaching and parenting.

I have a Bachelor of Education degree and have recently completed a Personalized Learning Institute program as a step towards my masters.  I have taught years K-8 and have been lucky enough to have taught in Ulamba, Kenya Africa. I greatly value diversity, nature and inquiry and I weave these all into my personal and professional life.

I consider myself an athlete and have competed in running races and triathlons. Although I love competition, life’s hectic schedule has limited my training to our peloton and chasing after my children, for now. When I do get a moment to myself, I enjoy surfing, hiking and anything outdoors.

Thank you for taking the time to get to know a little bit about me. I look forward to meeting you all and learning with you.

Sincerely,

Jayne

One Reply to “Personal Bio”

1. Hi Jayne!
    Great to meet you as well, I am glad we are in the same group as we are both educators, I look forward to making connections as we move throughout this course.
    Michelle Bannister